- Grew up on a farm in Iowa, heart of the United States corn belt.
Escaped to Australia as a freshly graduated teacher in 1974.
- From 1977 to 1988, edited and wrote articles for Pursuit, Challenge, Explore and Comet magazines, published by the Victorian Education Dept.
- First daughter born in October 1985.
- Second daughter born in October 1988. First novel, You Take the High Road, published the next day.
- Other novels followed (but no more babies): You can view the titles on my 'Books Published' page.
- In 1994, took on five-year contract as a relieving Assistant Principal at government secondary colleges in the Western Metro Region. Gathered heaps of material for stories.
- December 2000, in lieu of a mid-life crisis, resigned from the Education Department to devote more time to writing.
- During the 2000s, wrote nine novels. They brought in enough money to keep me in emergency teaching at Glenroy College (formerly known as Box Forest).
- In 2011, said goodbye to classroom teaching and became a tutor with the Ronald McDonald Learning Program, helping students with serious and/or chronic illnesses.